TimeOut is a not for profit organisation that connects generous Holiday Homeowners with the terminally ill to provide the terminally ill and their families with a break in a difficult time.
In the early
The future for Timeout
Since then Ronda has developed the TimeOut vision:
- Setting up a not for profit and getting charity status granted by NZ Charities Comision
- Recruiting a team of professionals including legal, marketing and accounting
- Discussions with Ministers to change tax laws around donating Holiday Homes
- Discussions with BookaBach to test and confirm the idea
- Recruiting generous bach owners
- Recruiting a team of committed volunteers
For latest news, Follow us on Facebook
Ronda and family
Why should I be interested in TimeOut as a Holiday home owner?
You can give to people diagnosed with a terminal illness. You can help them and their families get through a difficult time with little cost and effort. If you have a Holiday Home, you can signup to TimeOut and set aside days of the year to dedicate to the TimeOut movement. These might be the quieter times of the year when the Home is unused. You might not usually rent or lend your holiday house out.
Why should I be interested in TimeOut as a terminally ill person and family?
If you or someone in your family has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, you will understand how difficult it can be getting to grips with the news and knowing time with this person could be limited. Money is also a challenge with the many bills coming in for doctors, specialists, tests, and medication. Justifying a break away can be difficult. TimeOut allows you to take that much-needed break and spend quality time with family and friends. Gives you as a family an opportunity to build those important family memories while you can.